Equal Assurance has upgraded its ISO 22000 Assurance Program for food safety management system for transition from the 2005 to the 2018 version.
Core changes from ISO 22000:2005 to ISO 22000:2018 include:
- Adoption of High Level Structure, or HLS (ISO Directives Part 1 Annex L)
- No normative references in Clause 2.
- New and/or changed definitions in Clause 3
- New requirements in Clause 4 for organizational context, and needs and expectations of interested parties
- New requirements in Clause 6 in response to risks and opportunities
- New requirements in Clause 7 in respect of competence and compliance of externally developed elements
- Review and update of Clause 8 including the introduction of the concept of a hazard control plan covering control measures at CCPs and OPRPs
Equal Assurance will follow policy of International Accreditation Forum and/or relevant accreditation body (eg: JASANZ):
- Next primary audit (eg: Pre-Certification, Certification, Surveillance or Re-Certification Audit) shall be to ISO 22000:2018.
- Audit findings to new and/or changed requirements to be identified separately.
- After 19 June 2020, new or updated certificates for ISO 22000 shall be to the 2018 version.
- After 19 June 2021, any accredited certificates to ISO 22000:2005 shall not be valid.
- The above notwithstanding, Certificates to ISO 22000:2005 will remain valid through the transition period.
The next actions for Clients include:
- Acquire ISO 22000:2018 and related documents.
- Review Client Charter and Integrated Audit Criteria guides at www.equalassurance.com/publications.
- Identify organizational gaps to be addressed to meet new requirements.
- Develop implementation plan.
- Provide appropriate training to and awareness for all personnel including workers and contractors.
- Update the FSMS and verify effectiveness.
Note that Clients of Equal Assurance can access their ISO 22000:2018 Transaction Competence Assessment from their Qdos Client Portal, including the resulting Certificate of Achievement, at no cost.
Please feel free to contact us directly or speak to your Client Manager or Account Manager to find out more.